Patient Information Available for Download (PDF):
(must be completed prior to visit)
Welcome to our Clinic
If you are a prospective patient, please fill out this inquiry form to assess if our clinic would be a good match for your care. You will receive a response within 24 hours (48 if on a weekend) with next steps regarding scheduling. If our clinic is not the best fit, we will provide referrals to other local acupuncturists.
NEW PATIENT FORMS WILL NOW BE EMAILED AND FILLED OUT ONLINE!
To prepare for your visit:
- Our first appointment will be 1.5 hours and will include time discussing your health concerns as well as a diagnostic exam (taking your pulse, looking at your tongue, palpation, etc) and introductory acupuncture treatment. We will provide you with a recommended treatment course after the session, drawing on our “tool kit” of acupuncture, herbs, supplements, cupping, massage, nutritional and lifestyle counseling, and qigong practices. We may also recommend Western medical lab testing to further evaluate your condition.
- Sterile, superfine needles are placed at points that correspond to your specific issues. The needles are about the thickness of three hairs, are used only once and are disposed of immediately following your treatment.
- You may feel a light tap when the needles are applied. Once they are in place you should not be able to feel them
- We will provide you with a bell or an intercom that you can ring if you need anything during the treatment.
- Acupuncture promotes marked relaxation such that most people fall asleep during the treatment. It is very common to experience a feeling of general well-being afterward.
- A typical follow-up appointment lasts 1 hour and includes time to talk about your progress as well as receive an acupuncture treatment.
- To maximize the treatment effect, take time to relax and avoid exercise for 2 hours after the treatment. Be sure to drink plenty of water after acupuncture and cupping.
- Between visits, take notes of any changes that may have occurred, such as the alleviation of pain or changes in the frequency and type of problems you’re experiencing.
- Each person and medical condition respond to treatment at a different pace. Acute conditions usually can be treated within 6-12 sessions, and chronic conditions can often take longer. We will provide you with an estimate based on your health issue after the initial consultation.
Other things to know:
- Have a little food in your stomach when you arrive for treatment. It’s best not to receive acupuncture on an empty stomach. However, do not eat a heavy meal before or after the session. Also, refrain from using caffeine, drugs and alcohol for at least two hours before and after your treatment.
- Wear comfortable clothes to your appointment that can be easily rolled up to your elbows and knees. We also have gowns available that you can change into.
- Save time for parking and bring quarters/charge for the parking meters. Downtown San Anselmo can be very busy during certain hours of the day (namely lunch time) and parking can be limited. We recommend trying to find free two-hour parking on Pine St. If no spots are available, there is a metered parking lot directly across from the clinic, which only accepts change/quarters and not credit cards. In general the clinic does not have change in for meters.
Your highest compliment is the referral of your family and friends, and our business is mostly generated by word-of-mouth.